navigation bar

Friday, June 24, 2011

DIY Baby Feeding Rag

What do you do when you have tons of newborn baby hats and your infant is now 1) too big for them and 2) living in a hot and humid state?

Turn them into handy Baby Feeding Rags!


Now, I really know nothing about sewing. Heck, I'm just happy I finally learned how to get my sewing machine up and running! I'm sure there is a better (even a correct way) of doing this, but this is how I did it.

Here is what you'll need:
  • Newborn baby hats (one hat yields two feeding rags). I used Gerber hats.
  • Coordinating towel
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine
First disassemble the baby hat. It will look like this when you are done.


Next cut your towel to size. Lay the wrong sides of the fabric and towel together and pin.


Now you'll want to sew them together leaving about a 1/4 inch seam. Sew only 3 of the four sides (I left the shorter side open) You'll need this to turn the rag right side out.

Trim the excess fabric so it'll look nice and neat.

Turn the rag right side out, sew the opening closed.

And there you have it, a cute, handy and absorbent feeding rag! 


You can also see this posting over at:

No comments:

Post a Comment